- Heavy Duty Performance
- Offers the best combination safety, efficiency & economy
Applications: Heavy Duty Power and Control Cables are used for Underground power supply by utility provider for Street Lights, Industrial Automation with mechanical strength for protection on insulated cores and other industrial applications.
Specifications: IS 1554 (P-1)
|Conductor : ETP Grade Copper
|Insulation : PVC Type A or C
|Inner Sheath : PVC Type ST1 or ST2
|Armour : Galvanised Steel Wire Strip
|Outer Sheath : PVC Type ST1 or ST2
The sheath is also provided in with FR and FRLSH PVC
Core Identification: For power cable and control cable upto 4 cores, the cores are identified by different colours as per IS 1554: (Part1)
Single Core : Red, Yellow, Blue, Black, etc. (only unarmoured).
2 Core : Red and Black.
3 core : Red, Yellow and Blue.
4 Core : Red, Yellow, Blue and Black.
5 Core : Red, Yellow, Blue, Black and Grey.
Table - B Current ratings
The current rating given in tables are based on normal conditions of installation described below:
- Maximum Conductor temperature 70O C for PVC insulation & 80O C for HRPVC insulation.
- Thermal Resistivity of soil 150O C cm/w
- Thermal Resistivity of PVC 650O C cm/w
- Ground temperature 40O C
(To the highest point of cable laid direct in the ground)
- Depth of laying 75cms
Note: For cables in air , no reduction in current rating is necessary provided that
- The horizontal clearance between circuits is (a) not less than six times the overall diameter of an individual cable, and (b) not less than the overall width of an individual circuit, except that the horizontal clearance may need not in any case exceed 150mm.
- If the number of circuits exceeds 4, they are installed in a horizontal plane. However, for installation conditions other above, current rating factors incorporated in IS 3961 Part II please be applied.
The following points should be taken in to consideration before selecting any particular size and type of cable:
- The system of power & voltage source where the cables are being used.
- Conditions of installation at site.
- Current carrying capacity of cable.
- Voltage drop of cable.
- Short circuit capacity of cable.
- Availability of the selected size of cable.
* The above data is indicative and may be revised without prior intimation.