Fire safety tips for high-rise buildings from one of the top cable manufacturers
Fire safety features are essential for all buildings, particularly high-rise buildings as they present several challenges ( like accessibility, evacuation and smoke control) that are not commonly seen in smaller buildings. Here are some of the key safety tips that our experts at RR Kabel, one of the top cable manufacturers, recommend:
- Make sure fire safety systems are in place: Smoke alarms, fire alarms, emergency lighting system and fire sprinkler system should be in working order. The supervising team should appoint trained staff for maintaining these fire safety systems.
- Fire exits should be marked: Fire exits should be clearly marked. All the occupants of the building, whether it is residential or commercial, should be familiarised with the exits. They should know how to use them. Fire exit passage should not be used as a storage space.
- Fire safety inspection: There are mandatory fire inspections that can help the supervising team improve their preparedness should any emergency occur.
- Schedule a regular electrical inspection: As electrical fires caused due to short circuits are common, it is important that the supervising team arranged for electrical inspections regularly. A qualified inspector can spot potential electrical defects and prevent short circuits from occurring. A regular inspection will ensure better maintenance of the wiring system, electrical outlets, and other parts of the electrical system, thus reducing the chances of electrical fires.
- Identify all possible causes of electrical fires: A short circuit is not the only electrical fault that can lead to electrical fires. Poor circuit designing, inadequate wire sizing, compromised circuit integrity, low maintenance of wires and cables, overloading, and poor installation of wires - can also cause a fire.
Superior-quality cables and wires can prevent electrical mishaps
As one of the best cable companies, we ensure that our cables and wires are fire-resistant. Our cables can function for a specified time in the event of a fire. All our cables and wires meet the highest safety and quality standards, making us a trustworthy name in more than 80 countries across the world.