Maintenance tips for industrial cables and wires
Industrial cables and wires are different than those that are used for domestic purposes. They are designed to carry heavy loads and can withstand aggressive substances and extreme temperatures. Maintaining them regularly will help businesses avoid unplanned downtime and also ensure the safety of their employees.
If you are searching for maintenance tips for industrial cables and wires, you will find this read useful-
- Always buy high-grade industrial cables and wires: Buying cheap industrial cables and wires means long-term hassles and unnecessary expenses. Even if you are hiring contractors, make sure that they use high-quality cables. Being one of the leading cables and wires suppliers, we at RR Kabel, offer a diverse and extensive range of cables and wires. Accredited with the highest number of product and system certifications, our cables and wires are used across industries.
- Use the right cable for the right job: There are different types of cables to handle different loads. Consult a qualified electrician who can suggest you the appropriate cable depending on your requirements.
- Ensure proper installation: Once you have chosen high-quality cables and wires, make sure they are properly installed. Avoid placing anything on top of the cables and wires. Also, make sure that you don’t bend the cables and wires beyond their recommended bend radius. Ensure that during the installation there’s no damage caused to the cables and wires. It’s found that mechanical stresses caused during installation are more serious in nature than those when caused while in service.
- Maintain the recommended operating temperature: When installing wires and cables, always read the manufacturer’s instructions. Always check the operating temperature of the cables and wires when you purchase. Operating temperature refers to the maximum and minimum temperatures that cables and wires can withstand. Exposing the cables and wires to higher temperatures can pose electrical hazards.
- Training for the in-house staff: For the safety of your employees and factory, warehouse or manufacturing unit, make sure that the staff receives adequate training regarding the maintenance of cables and wires. Staff should look for any cracks and other damages caused to cables and wires and should get them repaired immediately.
- Schedule regular inspections: For proper cable and wire maintenance, schedule regular inspections by qualified technicians. They will help you take appropriate action in case of a failure.
We hope you find these maintenance tips handy in ensuring the efficient use of industrial wires and cables.