All buildings and structures are at risk from fire, more so are the people who use them. Globally, the maximum percentage of reported electrical fires are caused by short circuits or overloading conditions.
What we do not realize that in a fire, the flames and heat are not always the biggest threats, smoke, fumes and acid gases produced from fabrics and fittings within a building’s structure can spread quickly during a fire. Most of the deaths related to fire are because of suffocation caused due to inhalation of toxic smoke emitted from burning wires, making smoke inhalation during a fire a larger cause of concern.
Using RR KABEL “FIREX LS0H” is the perfect solution to combat such life-threatening scenarios. The Unilay conductor with Cross-Linked Low Smoke Zero Halogen properties in “FIREX LS0H” represents progressive innovation in cables. These heat resistant cables are ideal for use in environments where high-performance, reliability and safety are a norm.
These fire resistance cables provide significant advantage over traditional constructions of cables and adds value with safety. The cables are ideal for domestic applications, building wires, conduit wiring and fixed or protected installations.
In many countries, it is mandatory to use these LS0H cables in Auditoriums, Hospitals, Hotels, Schools, Stadiums and all constructions for Public usage.
Some unique features
- FIREX LS0H has UNILAY conductor which offers perfect contact at pins, terminals and sockets, eliminating spot heating and sparking.
- The conductor strands do not get cut when stripping the insulation. Hence no loose contact and no broken ends.
- It does not melt and drip, so smoke is negligible, transparent and non-toxic.
- In fire situation, people trapped in fire do not suffocate. This facilitates fire-fighting and rescue operations
- Ozone resistant according to EN 60811-2-1
- Flame retardant according to EN 60332-1-2 and EN 60332-3.
- The cable has extended service life against traditionally used cables.
At RR Kabel, we believe that wires are not just objects, for us wires play the role of nerves in the body. When you believe this, you have designers, engineers, fabricators, and other partners who need to have incredible commitment to pursue and create a product that can be trusted and relied upon.